Aug 18, 2013

DONE: 1:8 SCT Shock Standoff Hubs Upgraded and Window Removal

Completed the shock standoffs and hubs upgrade replacement on my Team Associated 1:8 SCT using Factory Team parts.
I removed the original plastic parts in prep for the upgrade to Blue Aluminum parts.  These plastic parts tend to be the "weak point" on the shock assembly in a crash or hard landing.
I keep all the parts in a box and labeled until all the postal shipments arrive since I ordered from a variety of vendors.  The install went very smooth, just have to remember there are several small parts required.
I changed the original orientation of the rear shocks to the higher mount-point to changed the down-angle to the wheel-support, providing slightly more down force on the wheels.
I recommend hand-tightening only for the 3mm hex nut with plastic lock liner.
When properly tightened, some of the bolt will show protruding from the hex locking nut.
During the upgrade on the rear shocks, I over-tightened and sheered the end of the bolt off. I had to order more as they come in a 4-pack only.
Using my Dremel tool and roughing sanding bit - I have started to remove the plastic "windows" from the truck. This provides for a more true prototype feel I think and well allow for better air flow overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment