May 30, 2013

My ECX Torment 2wd RC 1:10 inside!

Here is my ECX Torment. This is a true budget RC SCT. And it is only 2wd. Decent setup for a very affordable price in my opinion.  Driving it is fun - but it makes more noise then my others for sure--and the noise isn't "nice" - it almost sounds like the truck is broken somehow in the gears/transmission/rear drive axle linkage. The tires look nice but are way to soft for practical running.  So at some point I may switch them out.

I had to glue the ESC back on the mount plate because when I un-boxed it - the double sided tape used by the manufacture had come loose. I used automotive heat-resistant glue. I used a large battery flashlight to hold the ESC unit in place while the glue dried. The motor is a brushed setup and is poking out there behind the wheel, not sure I like this. I would avoid water for sure. The truck is setup with a 6-cell 1800 mah (meaning not much run time) Nihm battery. I've purchased a Venom 6-cell 3600 mah to increase running time. This is a true beginners truck with decent features for sure at a real nice price.

The ECX Torment body shell next to my Traxxas Slash 4x4 shell.  Comparable size range for the Lucas Oil and Traxxas TORC racing circuits. Again I've added a few extra decals to customize the shell a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment