May 30, 2013

My Traxxas Slash 4x4 1:10!

Here is my Traxxas Slash 4x4 with the shell off.  Its a very nice setup for a moderately expensive price. Currently I am running it on the stock 8.4v Nihm 7-cell battery and was my first real SCT RC I've owned since I was much younger and built my own Tamiya Buggy. The only "upgrade" I've done so far--if you can even call it that--is the addition of the ESC fan to keep it cooler during longer run sessions. Not sure why Traxxas just didn't include on the stock RTR as Team Associated did with their SC10 RTR.
The shell is the #25 Mark Jenkins one from Traxxas. Again I've added a few custom decals so it doesn't like all the other Traxxas Slash's out there--which there are many as Traxxas has been selling these by the boat load over the last few years...and the nice thing is there are lots of parts and custom offerings as a result.
The Traxxas Slash 4x4 is a really good setup. It drives great and is a lot of fun! But it does require some skill to drive so it isn't a starter RC truck like the ECX Torment.
I plan on adding RPM rear bumper and mud flaps to my Traxxas as I am not sure why the company decided to make this truck without them--its a glaring oversight in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment