May 30, 2013

My Team Associated SC10 4x4 1:10 scale!

My Team Associated SC10 4x4 on the work bench. This is truly a high-end expensive truck setup.  I run it with the Reedy Lipos 30C and 25C 2-cell batteries.
At this point I've run it about 4-5 times and really have enjoyed the truck a lot. It is a blast drive, especially on Lipos. However, my one issue so far is over-sway on turns that causes the truck to spin out, so I will need to fix that with Sway kits from Team Associated.
This is my "bash and run" shell. I plan on putting together a nice "show" shell. I added the FOX decal just to be different from other SC10 Makita/Rockstar setups. Of course the real #21 Makita/Rockstar PRO-4 series is SCT is the bases for this scale model.
The shell off, you can see the nice components--like the big bore shocks. The motor is a brushless setup. I plan on front and rear sway bars being upgraded to the truck soon (ordered from Amazon already). The Team Associated SC10 is a belt-driven 4x4 unlike the Traxxas axle driven 4x4 action. Reading forums and articles there are some negatives about the belt system but time will tell with my style of running.
The SC10 is a great looking scale model. It is the most realistic of the 3 SCTs I own. I've been looking for an affordable used model I can work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment