Jun 14, 2013

PMCS: Maintenance on my Team Associated 1:8 SC8.2e!

Here is how a RC electric vehicle should sound! This is my Team Associated SC8.2e at full throttle both forward and reverse. It sounds so nice, purrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It is on a Onyx Lipo 11.1volt 3S 50C 6400 mAh battery.
I created side number plates from white plastic styrene cut to size and replicating the real full scale #21 Rob Mac SCT. I ordered more decals from Ebay to affix my number 82.
After a long run session today, I noticed the ESC was loose. Upon further inspection it was clear the double sided stock servo tape was no longer working. It was caked in dirt.
So from the auto parts store I purchased some full scale automotive 3M Dual Lock Velcro attachments.
After cleaning the area out and the bottom of the ESC, I affixed the 3M tape.
Works really well! 3M automotive glues and adhesives are great.
Doing cleaning and maintenance today. The first I've done it since buying the truck. I removed all the tires, cleaned them well. Oiled the wheel diffs.

I decided to replicate the full scale SCTs that run LOORS and paint a white number board over the drivers side. I masked it off and painted it with craft quality acrylic white paint.



I've added a DE Racing rear skid plate to the bottom to help prevent some wear and tear. Next up will be the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment