Jun 13, 2013

Trouble Ticket submitted - Horizon Hobby - 1:10 ECX Torment Motor/Diff Gear issue! UPDATE!!

16JUN13: I heard back from the online hobby store I bought the truck from:
                 "What the problem sounds like is that you have a stripped gear, either the spur gear or inside the transmission. The most common part to strip would be the spur gear. Remove the 3 gears that hold the gear cover on and look at the plastic gear. If it is stripped, we will send one to replace it. If that gear is not stripped, we will be happy to send you the gear set for the transmission which would be the other possibility so that you can get back up and running quickly."

So I guess that is my next step.

Update: Now the ECX Torment 1:10 truck refuses to budge. The motor is running and even at full throttle there is not enough torque to move the truck - forward or reverse:
In the video you see I have to actually lift the truck up off the ground and have it full throttle--the tires now start to spin--set the truck back down and then it barely goes forward.
Here is a video of the awful sound my new ECX Torment 1:10 2wd SCT makes while accelerating. I don't like the sound of it. And the truck has issues sometimes going forward and reverse. The throttle response is horrible.  I know it is a "budget" pro-style RC racing truck, but it is a little ridiculous. The Turnigy Trooper 4wd 1:10 SCT from Hobby King is around the same price (minus Radio) and it sounds 100% better than my ECX. Awaiting word back from Horizon Hobby now.

No comments:

Post a Comment