Jun 22, 2013

PMCS: Traxxas Upgrade to RPM Rear Bumper & Mud Flaps and Maintenance

If the US Army taught me anything--it is to always maintain my equipment. Today you can see why in this photo. After removing the wheels, you can see the debris wrapped around the inner-hex nut.

Here I'm installing the my new RPM Rear Bumper and Mud Flaps kits for the 4wd Traxxas Slash (note the 2wd Slash version will NOT work with this truck). 
First I assembled the rear kit. The Traxxas bumper is a poor 1:10 replica of the Full Scale SCT bumpers. The Pros run with mud flaps. Lucky RPM makes a very nice kit that looks very much like the real thing. The kit is pretty straight forward install. Removal of the stock bumper was easy. One note is to make sure you re-install the center back brace screw right away - it is not needed in the new RPM install (see the photo below). After installing the new bumper kit, you then attach the separately purchased RPM Mud Flaps kit. I used some thread-lock as well.


 
The completed RPM kits look great! Very much like the prototypes SCTs. I highly recommend them for Traxxas' Slash 1:10 4wd Short Course Racing Trucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment