Jun 11, 2013

HobbyKing (or Hong Kong) Hobby's Turnigy 4x4 Trooper RC 1:10 Arrived!

The new budget 4x4 Brushless RC today is the Hobby King Turnigy 4x4 Trooper SCT.  It is priced around the same as its main budget-RC competitor the ECX Torment from Horizon Hobby. However, the ECX Torment is a 2wd Brushed setup and comes with a radio/transmitter.
The HK Turnigy Trooper requires you buy a battery and radio/transmitter separately. I attached the ESC and Steering Servo lines, binded the Transmitter and used some double sided sticky foam tape to place it in the car. Now I need to think how I want to make it water resistant. I do not like how exposed to the elements it is like this.
Unpacking and inspecting the truck - first thing I see is that the rear of the truck is covered in shock oil and so is the inside of the box. The rear shocks -both- have zero oil in them!
I contacted Hobby King today - and lets see what they say. I asked for new shocks to be sent. I wonder if they will. And checking the Forums at their Hobby King.com website - it seems this is very common problem with these RC trucks.
I've only applied some of the stickers included so far. The body comes painted but sticker-free.  I borrowed some Traxxas Slash stickers to make it a TORC racing SCT. It does not come with number plates either - so I borrowed the extras from Team Associated SC10.

No comments:

Post a Comment